Sunday, June 19, 2011

Resolutions : update

Lets start with an update regarding my resolutions which i so proudly wrote about in my last post.

Become ultra fit : I really have not become any where near as fit as i wanted to be. I still have a long way to go. On the contrary, i have let myself go and lost some of the my edge. I really have no excuses for going off the boil. I guess i was just satisfied with what i had achieved. Lesson learnt : Satisfaction is bad in some cases, we need to stay hungry and greedy to achieve more than what we think we want to really achieve what we want !

KO in boxing : I have started to learn boxing. Thats the good part. Obviously, there is a bad part too. I have not been as sincere and punctual in my efforts. Plus i had to take a break for a couple of months. Result being that i am still to enter the ring to fight. So the dream of a KO is still a bit far away. But i am sure gonna try and at least win a fight !

Relearn the guitar : I bought a new guitar ! That was the easiest part of it, so i did that very well. Bought myself a nice and expensive guitar. What have i done with it ? not much. i mean, not as much as i could have. But i am learning. Slowly and surely. I am taking youtube lessons and practicing whenever i get some alone time. There isnt much of that going around for me right now. But thats a whole different story.

Become simpler : I am proud to say that this is the one thing i have been able to successfully achieve (or so i think). I have had a transformation in my thought processes. I have learnt to be calmer, more attentive, less arrogant and overbearing in my conduct. I have started to enjoy the simplest pleasures in life now. All the bitterness and narcissism has been thrown out the window for good (i hope).

Writing : Writers block, writers block writers block. What can i do. Its the perpetual enemy of gifted writers like us :P.... Seriously speaking, i really have not been sincere enough to just sit down, think about some stuff and write it down. Even for doling out crappy writing as i pretty much always do, i need a bit of free time, time where i am completely at ease and calm. That hasnt happened in quite a while. And i dont know whether it will happen in the future or not. I am hoping this blog will be the start of some sort of a comeback.

So all in all, it has been a miserable attempt at doing things which i thought would really make me happy in the year to come. You d think that i d be very sad right about now. Fact is, i am not. I am very happy with my life right now. I have some new and scary responsibilities in my life now. But i am enjoying them all. I have realised that to be really happy in life, all you need a couple of people who really love you and care for you no matter what. Everything else life throws at you is bearable as long as you have such people around. And the thought of losing any of them is scarier than you can ever imagine. So hang to those ppl reallyyy tightly !

A lot of all this might sound really cheesy and clumsy to a lot of readers, specially coming from me. To all those people : screw you ! :P

Creative Commons License
Mavdiary by Rhishikesh Joshi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment:

Mrunal said...

Beauty!! Push harder to get where u want to be and it wont be hard with people who love and care!!